I've been reading a lot about Descartes methodological skepticism recently. I was interested in this subject because it talks about things that I have always wondered about even as a little kid. The more I saw and witnessed about everyday life and the reality we live in, the more I questioned its purpose and effect. I often times thought 'is this really what life's about? Is this all there really is?' You grow up, go to high school so you can go to college so you can find a job so you can make money to pay the bills and raise a family so you can someday retire after working your whole life so you can finally get to travel/play golf/relax when you're too old and wishing you could have done what your doing now when you were younger and more agile. No one's answers ever made sense, religiously or non religiously. I was often left saying to myself 'this can't be it, b/c if it is, it doesn't make sense.' I never wanted to live my life like the vast majority of people in this world, which is working a job to pay the bills, always looking forward to the weekends, and continually dreaming of doing what you really want to do. Yet, less than a year after college, I'm stuck in that exact situation.
The reality of needing money to do the things you want to do and survive bugs me. Unless you come from a family of money, after you graduate college, you need money to start living on your own (paying the rent, food, leisure expenses, etc). So you almost have to start working and earning that money. The catch 22 of it is, once you start, a vicious cycle beings where you have to keep on working and saving and trying to get that promotion so you can buy a bigger house or be able to spend more on clothes or that new iphone. Where does it end?
No comments:
Post a Comment